If you are in for an important interview or a formal event, you would need professional attire for women to strike a positive impression to your prospects. During interviews, it is best to put your best foot forward to increase your chances of getting your dream job. Here are some tips:
- Wear a professional set of clothing. A skirt along your knee or slightly above it is acceptable including slacks or tailored dress. Do not wear transparent blouse or the type with low neckline, sleeveless and tight fitting. To be sure, find out what the company policy is when it comes to clothing or you can also ask for some recommendations from those who are knowledgeable on the industry that you are trying to get into.
- Make sure that your clothing is pressed, clean and properly fitted. It doesn’t have to be new so long as it is presentable and clean.
- Your shoes will also add to your professional attire for women. Ensure that they are clean and polished. If possible, wear something dark and closed shoes or the type that does not reveal your toes.
- Avoid too much accessories as they can be distracting. The kind of accessories that you should pick is those that complement your clothing.
- If you have body piercings, especially those that are visible such in your face, consider removing them prior to the interview. For some industries, they can be unsightly and you may even earn negative points of it.
- If you have visible tattoos, consider covering them or concealing them with makeup or choose the type of clothing that would cover them, such as long sleeves or blazers if your tattoos are in your arms.
- Your perfume should be subtle since some strong fragrances can be offensive and may elicit allergic reaction from the interviewer. To be safe, do not wear perfume at all just for the interview.
- If you love wearing jewelry, keep them minimal and they should just be worn to add elegance to your professional attire for women and not to distract the interviewers.
- Keep your hair conservatively styled, clean and with toned down color.