Bedbugs are a nuisance for residential and commercial properties. It is hard to locate and eliminate bedbugs because these pesky little pests have developed resistance to the chemicals and have evolved stronger. Moreover the use of central heating equipment creates the right atmosphere for bedbugs to strive and multiply.
It is practically impossible to locate bedbugs as they are very small and are smart at hiding in remote places under the mattresses, sofas and carpets. Though bed bugs do not spread disease, their presence can cause a lot of discomfort and might cause sleep disturbance. Bedbugs bite are very uncomfortable and unsightly. Sometimes they may also be infected and need medical attention. The only option to eliminate bedbugs is to consult bedbug exterminators in your area, who have expertise in locating and eliminating them.
Signs of Bedbug Infestation
Bedbugs are experts in hiding, however you can find a few clues that let you know the presence of these creatures.
- Small white eggs on furniture, inside wardrobes and in the cervices of the mattresses
- Tiny blood spots on the sheets
- Mottled bedbug shells on the sheets or mattresses
- Dried excrement in the form of small black spots
Tips to Get Rid of Bedbugs
Getting rid of bedbugs is very hard. They are persistent creatures, and spring back after sometime. However, here are some tips to get rid of them.
- Wash the infected clothes, sheets and bedding in hot water.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean mattresses, carpets, curtains, sofas and other areas, where you can find bed bugs. Dispose the dust bag of the cleaner.
- Use covers over your mattresses to restrict the movement of the bedbugs.
- If you observe very high infestation, throw all the mattresses, carpets etc. that are infested.
To ensure effective treatment for bedbugs, contact licensed exterminators in your area. They have the tools to identify the hiding areas and asses the severity of the infestation. Professional pest control companies have access to powerful chemicals that can kill bedbugs and keep them from coming back. However, before contracting a pest control company find out about their reputation and quality of service. Choose a company with trained employees, right insurance and professional service and support.